DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Basic boat license course ?

Posted by garyg-185526 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by mixer-186069 - 14 years ago

compare rates, try this guy too....

Phil <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

France +33 (0)4 93 53 65 95  oceanpro@wanadoo.fr

RYA Level 2 Powerboat Course
The Level 2 course runs over two days and is designed to provide a thorough introduction to the techniques and theory needed to handle small powerboats safely and competently. This includes the effect of the wind and tide; leaving and coming alongside, man overboard drills and high speed manoeuvring. Shore based theory includes an introduction to navigation, the cause and effect of tides, and the International Regulations for the Prevention of Collisions at Sea.  Many associations and professional bodies require the Level 2 award as a 'driving licence', and it is the qualification needed to apply for the International Certificate of Competence (ICC), which is a legal requirement to use a powerboat abroad.  The course price is 475 euros.

RYA Advanced Powerboat Course
The aim of this course is to teach boat handling, seamanship and pilotage to the standards required to drive a planning powerboat safely by day and night in coastal waters. A night passage is included as part of the course. Candidates should be competent boat handlers to the standard of RYA Level II, and have knowledge of chart work to the standard of RYA Day Skipper (shore-based). It is strongly recommended that candidates hold VHF and First Aid Certificates.  The course price is 495 euros.

These course prices both include certification on successful completion, plus use of lifejackets and foul weather gear. Lunch is usually taken ashore at a local cafe.Please speak to Phil Godwin to arrange dates.

Sorry no image available
Posted by blaqueve68 - 14 years ago

Hi,

I was searching for a jet-ski boating license course myself and was wondering if you had found one yourself. If so please e-mail me back and give me the web-site address.

Thank You

$!!)P$

Sorry no image available
Posted by OK-186520 - 15 years ago

check www.bluewateryachting.com or www.freedomyachting.com

Both in Antibes, both run PWC (personal water craft) courses.

:)