DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Book Group - Cannes

Posted by HT2011 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kanneth85 - 4 years ago

Hi

Im in Antibes, and would love to join in. let me know when and where the first meeting will take place

KD

Sorry no image available
Posted by lchekir - 4 years ago

yes, the 200 bus stops nearby and its a 5 min walk from JLP station

Sorry no image available
Posted by Smileoften - 4 years ago

It sounds ideal with regards to parking and im guessing it is accessable by buses trains. Just wondering if there is anywhere actually in Cannes that could work to give people an option.

If not lets go ahead with Juan le Pins.

Thanks for the input it sounds great.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lchekir - 4 years ago

evenings are better for me, although I will be away between 28th Sept and 5th Oct, Mondays are the days that I am most likely to not have anything else going on.  For a venue what about Vouzemoi at 41 Boulevard Charles Guillaumont in Juan les Pins, its on the seafront, however there is plenty of free parking in the surrounding streets?

Sorry no image available

Ok Should we take the plunge and suggest a time and place? There as not been much activity on this so im hoping it is ok to take the lead. What about a coffee shop somewhere we can gather?

What days times suit people best?

Sorry no image available
Posted by andreabest - 4 years ago

Hi,

I am also living in Cannes and very interested in joining a book club.

Evenings would be best for me.

Looking forward to hearing more soon.

Andrea

Sorry no image available

Hi Everyone,

I'm also in Cannes and very keen to join this book group if organised. Would anyone be able to suggest a suitable location and time?

Helen I believe you started the original post, have you organised anything yet or is it still to be decided?!! It all sounds very exciting, do keep us updated :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lisafinnegan100-204413 - 4 years ago

I'm interested in joining the book club. I'm in Juan les Pins.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Saffron Sea - 4 years ago

Hi..

I began a Bookclub in the Fayence area two years ago.

Its gone well, we are not hard or high-brow either, it varies hugely depending on the hosts choice., no rules really. We happen to be all girls. aged.. between about 35-52

And if you had time to email Id give you some feedback about what we learnt/ how things have evolved with ours.. the different types of members ( no real membership) and  how we work the hosting.. you could even come along to mine this friday 20th 2pm if you like as Im hostiing, although its a drive for you but you could watch and decide.. hmm wont be doing that, or like that idea.. or would prefer ours to take 'such and such' a route..

anyway. good luck. Paula

Sorry no image available
Posted by Large Sarge - 4 years ago

Hi

I too would be interested in your book club if it is in Cannes. I am not in France at the moment but should be back soonish. Can you keep me posted how it is going please?

Thanks Mick