DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Calling all Newcastle United Fans!

Posted by Carolyn69 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

I can't possibly be the only Newcastle United fan on the Cote D'Azur, can I? Altho you Arsenal and Man U fans would probably say yes!!

I regularly watch 'The Toon' play at an Irish pub in Nice when the game is on Sky. But it seems I'm the only one there cheering them on.

So, I think that wherever you all are, NUFC fans, why don't we all get together to watch the games when they're on - seeing as it's Shearers last season as well!

Anyone interested (female and male), email me at topcat6972@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers,

Carolyn

Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by wellbehaved-229795 - 9 years ago

I'm a Sunderland supporter who lives in Antibes and watches all of the live games here.
However, I go back for around 12-14 games, minimum, every season. I was back recently for the Newcastle game, which was excellent, and Stoke away. I've just booked flights for West Brom at home and Hull City away.

Did you know you can actually fly from Nice to Newcastle with Easyjet and watch the games in the stadium?

wellbehaved

Sorry no image available
Posted by missyelliott - 9 years ago

Hi Carolyn,

I am geordie who is moving over to Grasse in January (with my hubby and kids (all going to plan). I actually live in Reading now but still support The Toon.

I heard there was a good sports bar in Nice, we generally go to O Sullivans in Mandelieu or The Keys in Cannes when we are over there.

be cool to meet up when im eventually there..

whereabouts are you from?

donna williams

Sorry no image available
Posted by HF-187226 - 13 years ago

Great News about Souness!!!! - snigger!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nigey-197432 - 13 years ago

Hi Carolyn  Im a huge nufc fan!  Im still in the UK but we will be moving to the South of France in early 2006, and who knows we could be cheering the toon army on together!  My eldest son is a big fan aswell so the toon army fan base will be multiplied when we arrive! Haway the lads  Nige

Sorry no image available
Posted by hope-186232 - 13 years ago

wey ay man! u should come to the Toby Jug in Beausoleil where both my ex and my son watch Newcastle (my son is in North Shields as I'm typing this to you)

Have a nice day hen!

yvonne

Sorry no image available
Posted by Carolyn69 - 13 years ago

Thank you pulsate but antibes i don't know well. think i'll stick to the irish pub...at least u get a good pint of Guinnie!

Gutted they sold Woody...but this is footie..I think Robson is loosin it.....

I'll be in O'Neills in Nice the next time they play....hope to see you there.

Ciao 4 now,

Caz

Sorry no image available
Posted by plusate - 13 years ago

Bar de Port in Antibes has it on... better late than never.. and WHY did they sell woody, I want to cry....

Sorry no image available
Posted by plusate - 13 years ago

There showing the Nufc v Spurs match on TPS tomorrow, anyone know any bars that have this system ?? Howay the lads :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by blue bob - 13 years ago

you should try coming down to port grimauld in the var the place is full of em monroes on a match day canny