DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Diving

Posted by fidav - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by lone_star-188867 - 14 years ago

I would heartily recommend EasyDive who are based in Juan Les Pins but do dives all around.

We had a morning Baptême Plongée at Cap d'Antibes from them a couple of weeks ago for a group of Adults and Kids. It was well organised by Alexandra & Greg and the monitoring was done in an unobtrusive way that made you feel you were out there exploring the deep blue on your own (almost).

You can see them on the web at http://easydive.fr or by phone on 04 93 61 41 49

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 14 years ago

Oh - just remembered to add :  Telephone Claude in advance at this time of the year (evening before for morning excursion, around 8-8:30 for afternoon excursion) to reserve your places as the boat fills in advance and it is frustrating to drive there to not get a place.

Sorry no image available
Posted by fidav - 14 years ago

Thanks - sounds great, we'll give it a go!

F

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 14 years ago

You need to be a little careful here on the CdA when picking your dive club.  There are a number of less than safe operators.

I heartily recommend Golfe Plongée Club at Golfe Juan.   It is run by Claude QUAS and his partner Bernard.  Very funny guys but quite serious about safety.  They have a charming wooden boat called "Souvenez-Vous" - not one of those floating steel and aluminium platform cages that so many use.

Bernard's English is hilarious - probably won't help you a lot but Claude gets by OK.

They go out twice a day from the east side of the main quay in Golfe Juan (opposite side of quay to the Capitainerie) - Souvenez Vous is moored very near the end of the quay.  Departures at 08:00 and 14:00 every day

Claude:  06 16 11 01 08
Bernard: 06 09 55 73 36