DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Equestrian centres/horse riding

Posted by phoebethomas - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by phoebethomas - 5 years ago

Hi Sharon, 

Thanks so much for your suggestion - I have been going there most weeks and I am really enjoying it! I am riding in a Galop 6/7 lesson, however as I have to catch the bus, the only lesson I can get is at 9am on a Saturday, which is often full. I've noticed that the 'club' competition levels are a similar standard to Galop 6/7 and the lesson times would suit me better. I cannot seem to find out if I can join them, it's all a bit confusing! Do you have to have a special membership or pass a certain Galop?!

If you have any idea it would be much appreciated

Phoebe

Sorry no image available
Posted by CHERIE-207793 - 5 years ago

The Club Hippique de Nice is just off the main road which goes from Nice airport to St Isidore.  The number 11 bus drops off nearby (just before Prosperi garden centre).  The Club has just been rebuilt (it had to be moved slightly to make room for the road which will be going to the new football stadium) and has 6 open air arenas and 1 covered arena.  They organise quite a few competitions (dressage/jumping/working hunter) with a wide variety of levels.  This coming weekend there are the "Amateur" dressage championships and at the same time "Club" level competitions.  My daughter rides there and I know there are quite a few English speaking ladies who take lessons there.  the internet site is www.nicecheval.com. 

Sharon