DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Flying in the sky

Posted by ld06000 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by dublinmike-182617 - 14 years ago

Laurent,

Interested too. Drop me a line with whatever details are relevant.

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by Honey-190366 - 14 years ago

Dear Laurent,

Can you email me some extra information with regards to flying ie: how many people per plane, cost, area... I may be interested.

leoshoney2000@yahoo.co.uk

Thankyou!

Honey

Sorry no image available
Posted by haggis-180168 - 14 years ago

Depends on the motive for asking all the questions. If you genuinely want to fly with the guy, and have legitimate concerns which you would like addressed, that's understandable. If, however, it's just for the sake of sticking it to someone, that's not so nice. Me, I've had the pleasure of seeing this beautiful part of the world from the air, courtesy of Laurent, having flown with him three times. I've been impressed with his skill and "professionalism" (sic), and would have no hesitation recommending him to any of my friends and family, and indeed I have. It's a great looking place from up there. One thing though, he told me it was 200 euros an hour....now where is he....;-))

Sorry no image available
Posted by ld06000 - 14 years ago

I'm a confirmed pilot with about 500 hours:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

sep vfr licence : <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />1992

ifr training in real conditions and certified simulators : about 30 hours

professionnal pilot and ifr certificates from the french civil aviation

planes: piper J3, MS "Rally",Robin/Jodel (DR221, DR250,DR400), CAP10, TB9, C-150, C-152, C-172 rocket, C-172 RG, TB20, PA-28 Arrow IV turbo

Sorry no image available
Posted by Will.06 - 14 years ago

Quite true we all make our own decisions.The decision process is of course made much easier if you have all the facts and as much information as you can gather.

Having known 14 people killed in light aircraft accidents over the years in seperate accidents and the belief that standards of private pilots vary somewhat this advert caught my eye.

If you believe that me asking questions that relate in my view to the safety of the flight are inapropriate. I wont. 

Best of luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

Will

No-one is forcing you or anyone else to fly with Laurent.  We are adults and can make our own decisions and we know that flying in a light aircraft has its potential risks.  I'd rather be in the air in a light aircraft with a licensed pilot than on the roads here with the nutters that drive in this place.

Laurent is offering something.  Why do you have to pick holes in it?

Sorry no image available

Aeroplanes are like bicycles they dont by law need to be insured in many situations.It is obviously advisable though.

I presume by avoiding the other questions you are a low hour private pilot.Knowing the inherent dangers of single engine aircraft especially at night or in poor visibility coupled with a lack of experience and instrument rating would lead me err on the side of caution if one of my family responded to your advert and asked my advice.

I could of course be totally wrong about your qualifications in which case I apologise and take back all I have said.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ld06000 - 14 years ago

will.06 wrote:

>Perhaps you could elaborate then as to the type of aircraft,base,private >or public transport certificate of airworthiness,number of hours you have >in command, how long you have held a private pilots licence for,type if >any of insurance there is for passengers as life insurance is excluded on >many personal schemes for light aviation.And lastly how much will it cost.

Answer : You have to know dear Mr Will.06 that any aircraft has a CDN (certificat de navigabilité) which has to be valide if you want to fly the plane. Any aircraft has to be insured for the passengers and the damages it could cause just like a car.

The pilot has to have a valid licence, the qualification and the necessary skills to be allowed to fly a plane or even rent it. If you are only a private pilot you are not a public transport pilot. The same as if you only have a driving licence for cars, you cannot drive a bus, but you can take passengers in your car even if it's a Chrysler Voyager.

Life insurance : most of the time exclusions concern the pilot and not the passengers and people have to check that themselves, I'm not their father.

Price: this is not a commercial activity it is just about cost sharing, so I won't give any figure on this forum, but sharing the cost means that if we fly 30minutes with a plane at 100€/hour with a pilot and two passengers so three people the cost per person will be 50€/3#17€. That's it, very simple.

Sorry no image available
Posted by garym-190467 - 14 years ago

Hi, I could be interested. I am a student pilot 65 hrs only. I just need to retake the Navigation section skills test under a UK JAR Examiner and I will have my PPL.  So if anyone knows of such a person in the area please get in touch. What a/c do you have?

gary@digilume.com

Sorry no image available

Perhaps you could elaborate then as to the type of aircraft,base,private or public transport certificate of airworthiness,number of hours you have in command, how long you have held a private pilots licence for,type if any of insurance there is for passengers as life insurance is excluded on many personal schemes for light aviation.And lastly how much will it cost.

Many thanks.