DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Gaelic Football on TV anywhere this weekend ?

Posted by Si-180835 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Si-180835 - 14 years ago

Some good news on this guys...

Todays Armagh v Donegal game will be shown live at the Quays Irish bar in Cannes.

Sorry no image available

Morrisons (or anywhere else that I'm aware of here) does not have the games.

PPV only costs 6 Euro approx though and is pretty good on ADSL.

Si

Sorry no image available
Posted by pisceskev - 14 years ago

either you guys get any news on this ? Did ye try Morrisons in Cannes at all ? Would be real interested in finding a venue for the finals.

Corcaigh Abu

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nissart - 14 years ago

Hi Padraig,

Can you get get RTE using your Sky digibox here? Yes - but on the QT. Easy peasy.

How much is a match on PPV ? Is there any choice on matches ? Where are you from and who do you support ?

Nissart,
Côte d'azur

Sorry no image available
Posted by Padraig-182783 - 14 years ago

Nissart,

Nothing wrong with the boys on The Sunday Game but we can't get to see that over here.

Any pub with a Sky Digibox won't show the matches as it would be in breach of the contract as you said. Hence does anyone know of establishments that do show it on the QT by whatever means necessary?

Can you get get RTE using your Sky digibox here? I was under the impression that it wasn't possible.

It might be worthwhile if a few of us pooled together to share the cost of a Pay Per View option if that is possible.

Thanks,

Padraig

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nissart - 14 years ago

what's wrong with the sunday game with michael lyster and co ? setanta has the rights to broadcast some gaa and other sports outside of ireland. however, if you take a sky subscription at an irish address and bring all your equipment over here, you could watch as much gaa as you like - live matches followed by a highlights package in the evening - top class coverage !

unfortunately, such a plan of action is a blatant breach of your satelite contract due to broadcasting rights in different countries.

otherwise, i think there is a contract possibility with sky / ntl of getting satelite here ??? it would cost more of course.

as for finding a pub broadcasting sport from rte ? not likely that a public establishment would flaunt the law so overtly, although you never know.

tipp and donegal for croker glory this year.

Nissart,
Côte d'azur

Sorry no image available

anybody with any more information on this?

Regards,

Padraig

Sorry no image available

This is the official response from Setanta (which I guess is the PPV site that you watched it on Si). Anybody know of somewhere that shows the matches unofficially, please :)

Hi Padraig,

Unfortunately we don't have any venues that subscribe to Setanta in Nice

or anywhere on the Coast, the only one we have is in Paris, I have attached

the

address for you anyway. The only other alternative is Some of the matches

are

shown on our Website www.setanta.com

through our webcam. You need to click on the flashing box on the top right

hand corner of the homepage to view this. Hope this helps.

Thank You

MC BRIDES IRISH PUB 54 RUE SAINT DENNIS 75001 PARIS FRANCE

Sorry no image available

Hi Mate,

We didn't find anyway no, but did manage to find a PPV website and watched the game live via the net.

Modern technology eh :-)

Si

Sorry no image available

Si,

Did you get any email replies to this one? I would be interested in finding out about the hurling and the football matches being shown on the TV here. Haven't managed to find a place yet. Fingers crossed someone is showing these matches unbeknownst to us.

If the worst comes to the worst you can always go to a pub with a Sky Sports decoder and listen to the match on RTE Radio 1. Not the best option but with the way that good ol Micheal O'Muircheartaigh commentates on a match it's like you are at the stadium itself.

Regards,

Padraig