DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

High On Hiking

Posted by dheimpel - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Hello all fellow fiends for walking. I am starting a hiking club. The first hike of which will take place on the Saturday the 30th of August. I am leaning on driving way up the Tineé valley past the little town of Valdeblore until les Vacheries de Milleforts. There you have a splendid trail that takes you past three emerald lakes up to the 2,700 m peak of Pépiori. On the way down you walk through a marmot-infested valley. In all, the hike takes 3.5 strenuous hours with time for a relaxed lunch by the first lake. It is an hour and a half a way from Nice, where we could meet and proceed caravan style at 8-ish. That way we can beat the life taking thunderstorms that tend to start dumping at around four in the afternoon. If anyone is interested I can be reached at 06 79 89 04 51 or dheimpel@hotmail.com. My name is Daniel by the way.

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by dheimpel - 14 years ago

By the way I have changed the venue of the firt hike from the Valley of the Marmots to Mt. Chauve because it a bit easier of a starter and it is much closer to Nice; only twenty five minutes from the center. All the best, Daniel

Sorry no image available
Posted by dheimpel - 14 years ago

No problem Angela and Micheal I look forward to getting in contact. -Daniel

Sorry no image available
Posted by fish-187106 - 14 years ago

Daniel

My wife & I would love to join a hiking group, but would not be able to make this one. Will contact you later if that is OK

Fish. (Angela & Michael)