DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Horse Riding

Posted by clairespirit - Created: 15 years ago
0 0

I am looking for a few people who would like to go horse riding. I went last weekend to a small farm past Vence and really want to go again but with more experienced riders. If you have a relatively good level and would like to come, or would like some more info then get in touch and we can organise something.

Claire

Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kylie-183302 - 15 years ago

Can you let me know where the farm is near Vence as a friend and I would like to go and do you know if they teach young children too?

Thanks

Kylie

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lizzy Hearmon-185536 - 15 years ago

Hello,

I was just thinking that I'd rather ride with someone. Please let me know when you are planning to go.

Lizzy.

Sorry no image available
Posted by clairespirit - 15 years ago

Hi,

I think I better give some more info. The farm is near Vence on the route de Coursegoules. I went last weekend for an hours ride with a group of mainly inexperienced riders so was a bit disappointed. So I asked if it was possible to go for a ride with more experienced riders and up the pace a bit. They advise you organise a two or three hour ride and I needed a group of about three or four people. They charge 20 euros an hour, and prefer you reserve in adavance. If we do manage to organise something it would be a saturday. I will keep you all posted.

Claire

Sorry no image available
Posted by angieco72 - 15 years ago

Great idea Claire. let me have more details about the place and the costs. thanks

angie

Sorry no image available
Posted by asuzy - 15 years ago

Hi Claire - I am an experienced rider and have been looking for somewhere decent to ride out down here for ages.  Please email me if you organise anything.

Sorry no image available
Posted by trixie-184569 - 15 years ago

my husband and i are good riders. would love to join!

Sorry no image available
Posted by indigo-185290 - 15 years ago

Hey Claire, I'm interested!  Great idea!  What was this place like?  How much ground do we get to cover?  It's not one of those places where you ride in large groups of often inexperienced riders, is it?  Pokey-slow.

I'd really love to get some trotting in and cover some good ground.  Maybe have the opportunity to get on some trails (versus just farm roaming).

Would love more info!