DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Isola bike fete and 2200m altitude route

Posted by A Breath of Fresh Air - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Sorry no image available
Posted by Sevendaver-252003 - 4 years ago

Send me an email adi directly and I will let you know id our group or I plan to do the Bonnetee.

Sorry no image available
Posted by A Breath of Fresh Air - 4 years ago

I'm very interested in a two day trip like this, but I'm not sure I'm fit enough yet to manage this itinery: unless there's a bus back the day after or one of you guys has a tow rope!!  

Any thoughts, anyone, on establishing a small group and trying a few less ambitious runs first, and head for something good next spring?  

Louisa

Sorry no image available

had to repost to get notified

Sorry no image available

I just did the Gran Fondo at Les 2 Alpes but I have not heard of anything organized on La Bonnette.  The ride that I want to do (road bike) is from Saint Saveur sur Tinee to the top of Bonnette.  Jausier and Barcelonette are on the other side and 25 km down.  Barcelonette is worth the trip but it a long way back up.  There is a nice little hotel restaurant at Saint Etienne de Tinee if you want to climb the Bonnette and coast back.  If you do the ride from Saint Saveur and back it is about 104 km.  If you find the ride there are likely lots of riders that would be interested or post a date and see who shows up.  I would do it with a group. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rivera-Mode - 4 years ago

Have you tried calling the tourist office? If it is a event in a city or town, they should be your first call.

Sorry no image available
Posted by A Breath of Fresh Air - 4 years ago

Discovered a bit more: it is the Col de le Bonette, but I still cannot find any reference to a mass cycle ride there.  And it's a climb of 32km at 7%, that's serious stuff!!

Louisa