DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Kite surfing in the Riviera

Posted by sherglue - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

Hi
Does anyone know of a good place to take lessons in kite surfing and also maybe rent gear - anywhere along the Cote? Also, are there any preferred locations to do kite surfing?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by sherglue - 13 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I had a couple of people email me and ask me about what I found so I wanted to give you this info:

I was checking out the Summer 2004 edition of "The Anglo Riviera Guide" (you can get it from any tourist's office), and it has an amazing list of all kinds of sporting activities available in the French Riviera along with locations and companies that offer them.

Anyway, there is a section for kite surfing with the following ecole listed for lessons (and I would think rentals too):

Ecole Itinerants Air'X Kite
Saint-Laurent-du-Var
Tel +33 (0)6 60 41 87 34
email: info@airxkite.com

Don't know how good they are but I'll give them a try!

sherglue

Sorry no image available
Posted by Julian Troubridge - 13 years ago

Someone told me that No Limits run training courses. I'm a windsurfer but have seen plenty of guys out just west of Nice airport. Go to the Cap 3000 main shopping centre near St Laurent du Var and head for the coast - you'll see the stretch they do it on and they park alongside. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by tkw - 13 years ago

plenty of people kite surfing here! although the summer isn't the best time - think less wind and crowded beaches does not equal great kitesurf. None the less, locations are usually picked based on the wind direction of the day...there are shops in Nice - Quai 34, St.Laurent du Var - No Limits, and Cannes - Palm Beach. You can launch at St. laurent du var, Cannes - Palm Beach or La Napoule. Don't know about rental or lessons. Of course the wind is more consistant down between Toulon and Marseille.

-thomas