DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Looking for a serious bicycle workshop

Posted by estragon - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by estragon - 4 years ago

Thanks, I think they're catching a wave. Nice looks like it could be on the way to being a smashing bicycle city.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sevendaver-252003 - 4 years ago

Beraud in Frejus,

Sorry no image available
Posted by MissMarple-225166 - 4 years ago

If the frame is aluminum or carbon DO NOT use a torch. There's a good deal of advice here: http://sheldonbrown.com/stuck-seatposts.html

Sorry no image available
Posted by etranger - 4 years ago

Seconded about the shop in Nice, it's called Viavelo on Rue d'Italie (check google maps, the rue is short, should be easy to find), and fixes old bikes, unlike all the snooty "carbon fiber only" bike shops in Antibes. 

Sorry no image available

I went to Decathlon. They had a half-hearted go at moving the posts. I wanted to have a try with their tools but they weren't up for that. I didn't think to ask if they had a torch.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dogwatch-644616 - 4 years ago

Decathlon do a workshop, also there is one at Montauroux, cant remember the name but just past Lac St Cassian, big round about, go left, second building on the right. also its a great area to investigate for bike and mountain bike riding, so good day out.

Alternatively buy a camping gaz blow torch and gently warm up the joint.

As its cooling down try to move it. Ask a friend for help

Rgds

Sorry no image available

Thanks. This is helpful.

Sorry no image available

Thanks. I don't know Nice that well. Is rue D'Italie a long street? Is the shop easy to find?

Sorry no image available
Posted by 1850stjeannet - 4 years ago

theres a new bike workshop which looks good in Rue d'italie in central nice - its 3 mins walk from the train station

Sorry no image available
Posted by Polly Flinders - 4 years ago

It's quite a way from Antibes but I would suggest you give Cycles Camellini in Beaulieu sur mer a call. The shop was opened 50 years ago by the grandfather and famours cyclist in his day, and has been handed down through the family. They have a lot of experience in bikes and bike repairs. You can occasionally hear their advvert on Riviedra Radio. Julian there speaks English.

Good luck.