DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Looking for climbers?

Posted by JJnice - Created: 16 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 31 to 35)

Sorry no image available
Posted by piersstockwell - 14 years ago

hi jan,

Im also looking for people to climb with in the area. Im based in St. Tropez though ive been climbing a lot around la turbie and other areas around nice which i dont mind driving up to. Ima chef in a villa so Im climbing during the week until i start having weekends off in october. would be great to meet up with you or anyone else. Ive got all the gear for sports climbing but no trad gear. my number is 0621753569.

Cheers

Piers

Sorry no image available
Posted by Storm-189727 - 15 years ago

Hi Jan,

I'm in Roquebrune, about 5 mins from Monaco, on the way to Menton. I've been up to tete du chein behind Monaco about three times and done some nice climbs up there, although mainly 5/6's that were good to practice technique. There are also some 7/8's for the hardcore climbers that although I've attempted, I've never finished! Gorbio is a great place with some beautiful rock that can get busy, but if you time it right, can be tranquil and is a stunning place to climb. your place could be interesting... somewhere new is always nice.

I tend to work a great deal so weekends tend to be the best time. Maybe drop me an email on warren@ideasfusion.com and lets organise something simple to start with to get back in to practice and make sure we both know how to belay!  :)

Cheers,

Warren

Sorry no image available
Posted by JJnice - 15 years ago

Hi Warren

I am in Nice and I haven't done much here but done some around St Gennet... !! I think is the place.. Still too hot for me but this weather is already cooling so..  Whereabouts are you? Jan

Jan

Sorry no image available
Posted by Storm-189727 - 15 years ago

Hi Jan,

I'd be glad to hook up with someone... its been too hot lately so I'd like to do some nice 5 or easy 6's to get back in to practice. Where are you and where do you normally climb?

Cheers,

Warren

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anne & Jim - 16 years ago

could be interested - where are you ?

we are in Valbonne

Anne & Jim