DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Mountain Bike (VTT) Trails

Posted by cme73 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0

Hi...

Just moved to the area (Nice). Can anyone tell me where the local trails are... or point me to a good website/bikeshop.

Anyone interested in riding?

Thanks!

Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by cme73 - 15 years ago

Thanks for the info... I'll get the Rando VTT guide and would definitely be interested in Saturdays.

Caleb

06 71 64 44 32

Sorry no image available
Posted by Steve Crowe - 15 years ago

Hi Re bike shops try Neway in nice rte de grenoble (the one you take for the ski resorts) and Top cycle in Antibes nr autoroute exit, carrefour and ford garage. (they both speak English and have good quality gear.If you really have money to spend the try going to Kona's european HQ in Monaco - small shop big prices, but they often have last years race models as used by the stars at reasonable prices.Re trails - I have found quite a few since I have been here the book from the tourist office is ok, but all in French and some of the routes are aimed at daisy pickers.The best way I have found my way around has been to get the French equivalent of an OS map, follow the GR trails and invent a few of your own.Although I have never been Sospel is apparently the Place to go.You can also try all the ski resorts in a couple of months, some let you use the lifts to go up (takes the pain out of Downhilling) and others like La Colmiane have a DH course for all to use.In a couple of weeks I would love to start doing every saturday, or whenever convenient.Let me knowSteve Croweinfo@e-s-t-d.com06 800 86543

Sorry no image available
Posted by mn-186763 - 15 years ago

go to any tourist office and ask for the "Rando VTT" guide. It's free and has all the information about local trails.

Enjoy !

Marco

Sorry no image available
Posted by DaveL-185804 - 15 years ago

Hi

Also new to the Nice area, I am interested in getting out cycling though. 

Not ready to go out till mid May. Keep me posted if you find any trails.

Dave