DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

mountain biking near antibes

Posted by leonardo-192745 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by leonardo-192745 - 14 years ago

Yeah Tony

Sounds like a great idea, I will try to keep up with the postings. If you want to call me on 06 15 473692 thats good too.

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 14 years ago

I missed xaxau's post, but I like the idea of people just proposing a trip at a certain time and place, with an idea of how difficult the trail may be.

I've been too busy to do much MTBing the last couple of months, but I shall post my plans next time I'm planning a trail.

May I suggest posting the lat/long and the UTM coords of the trail head, so that people can program it into their nav systems or look it up on the TOP25?  Unless the meeting place is a major landmark, like a shopping centre, they are often difficult to find

Tony

Sorry no image available
Posted by apple-188340 - 14 years ago

Leonardo back again I guess I like to go 20-50 km but Im too old( and not brave anymore) at 42 to get big air, because the last time I tried I spent 30 mins unconscious before luckily waking up and riding home. Im lucky to have the chance to go out during the week sometimes so any body who fancies keeping wheels on the ground for 1 or 2 hours of reasonable effort, please call on 0615473692 anytime

Sorry no image available
Posted by xaxau - 14 years ago

4 or 5  guys will be heading out on Sat morn at 9 - 9.30 in the valmasche (crikey- i thought i could spell!!) we normally meet in the first carpark on th e D35 comming from Antibes (left or right , it doesnt matter) we are all average  riders of average fitness and dont mind waiting for the slower and like to try to keep up with the faster.

See you there!

Sorry no image available
Posted by tkw - 14 years ago

Well I don't know if Leonardo has checked out of this thread...?

But I'll throw in my level, as you are right it is important to hook up with a group of somewhat similar level or expectations. I guess I used to be a bit like TonyP describes where my bike was worth more than my car but in my ripe old age of 30 heheh, I'm not competative minded or in the same kind of shape anymore but I guess I'm still an expert rider. That is to say I used to live in Vancouver and ride the North Shore regularly. I'm aching for something like that here, but I'd settle for some nice scenery on a fireroad ascent and some gnarly technical downhills that you won't get fined 130euros for taking.

Anyone who feel like riding partner in that category...please contact me, especially since ski season is going to be winding down in the next month and its time to ride!

Thomas (don_twatt@yahoo.com)

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 14 years ago

Hi Leonardo,

There are plenty of us mountain bikers here, but I think a lot of us are a bit afraid of meeting up with a guy who's going to laugh at the quality of their drive-train and storm off into the distance, bouncing from rock to rock.

Better to say what sort of trails you like, ie

Beginner - 15-20Km not too hilly

Intermediate - 20 - 50 Km  not too technical

Advanced - wheels leave ground a lot, trail marked with rememberance crosses.

I guess I'm intermediate, and most lurkers are probably beginners/intermediate.

Tony

Sorry no image available
Posted by Josplas - 14 years ago

hi there leandro,i'm alex and a mountainbike freak too,

ill be in antibes pretty soon(april?)so if you could contact me ill join ya

chears alex

alexander_plasschaert@hotmail.com

jos

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mark Harrison - 14 years ago

Hi Leonardo.

39 reads and only two replies, sad lazy mountain bikers people. There plenty of mountain bikers in the Antibes area and good trails within 15mins road ride from the port. I never have a set day or time to ride but send an email . harrison_mark1970@yahoo.co.uk

cheers Mark

Sorry no image available
Posted by tkw - 14 years ago

Hi Leonardo,

Unfortunately, I am in the same situation as you:  currently carless. But last weekend I rode in the Esterel forest and it is possible to take the train (with bike) to Mandelieu-La Napoule or Theole-sur-Mer and get to the park directly from there.

Do you only go sundays?

Anyway I'd be up for a good rip, I also live in antibes...

Thomas