DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

MTB/VTT in the Esterel 30th May

Posted by TonyP-191937 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

I am planning to do the mountain bike circuit 6 from this map next Sunday morning at about 10.00.  If anyone feels like joining in, post a note here to keep the thread on top of the pile.

http://www.cg83.fr/to/activites_nature/vtt/frejus.htm

This is quite an interesting route.  Apart from the Esterel itself, it passes by the Avellon lake, various roman ruins and the ruins of the Malpassat dam.

For anyone who doesnt feel up to doing 35Km, it is possible to just do Nr 5, about 20km, with possibly a peek along the valley to look at the dam.

Circuit nr 5 and the first half of nr 6 are quite easy (apart from being not entirely flat). For the most part it is DFCI fire-trails. I did nr 5 with my kids, but not without complaints, "Errgh, c'est fatiguant, ton truc"

The second half of Nr 6 is a gnarly single-track.  Steep inclines covered in gravel and rocks, sand-pits, rivers.  Even so, the really difficult bits dont go on for very far, so you can always get off and walk a bit.

The last time I did this it took about 2:30 for the whole circuit, taken at a leisurely pace.

The trail head is a car-park on the N7 between Cannes and Frejus at a place called "Col du Testanier"

Easy to find, just program your navigation system to N43.50191 E006.79390 and follow the directions.  If anyone wants a lift from Cannes I can help.

Tony

Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by lob-189383 - 14 years ago

cheers

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 14 years ago

or try this bookTony

Sorry no image available

There is this site that has a collection of trails in the 06 but none of them are right next door to Monaco

http://frenchbike.free.fr/bydep.php3

Tony

Sorry no image available
Posted by lob-189383 - 14 years ago

sorry to hijackis there a similar web site for near monaco & menton. i know a few good vtt routes around there but i'm sure there are more.thks,lob

Sorry no image available
Posted by gollum-193507 - 14 years ago

Tony which Sunday do you mean? This Sunday (30th) I can't as I am off sailing, but I 'm up in the Esterel 3-4 times per week so would be more than happy to accompany you one day.

Zap me an email.

wiggly waw fish

Sorry no image available
Posted by Liz Lord-193061 - 14 years ago

Tony enjoy anyway - am up in the mountains in the lumpier stuff - do try - there's a VTT race at Roquebilliere on Sunday in the Vesubie....

Liz

Liz & Mel

Sorry no image available

You lazy crowd of beach bums!

Pump up those tyres! Charge up those pacemakers! Put that fag out!

Tony