DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Netball?

Posted by airletter - Created: 15 years ago
0 0

Wife's looking to play netball, preferably among other English-speakers. 20 min radius of Valbonne area. Anyone know of any clubs?

Many thanks.

Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sarah2Skye-210353 - 12 years ago

I know this is two years ago but did anything every come of it?  I played in the UK but have given up since coming to France as they don't play/have clubs.

Would be interested and can get to Mougins.

Sarah

Sorry no image available
Posted by airletter - 14 years ago

We have arranged the use of the outdoor netball/basktball court at Mougins School. The court is available to us any evening after school (4.30-ish onwards) or Wednesday afternoons. The school will lend us bibs if required and balls. Perhaps all those interested could give me a call on 06 32 82 22 91 and we could arrange to meet up somewhere to get to know each other and find a consensus on when would be the most convenient time to play. Look forward to hearing from you soon. Lisa 

Sorry no image available

I'm doing my best to secure a venue. Will have details by Wednesday latest I hope. Most likely Mougins area.

Thanks to all who have shown an interest.

Lisa

Sorry no image available
Posted by Twizzel-185350 - 14 years ago

I would be up for a game or some refing, but have not found anywhere that has a court. The French don't play netball only basketball

Sorry no image available
Posted by donnahelyer - 14 years ago

Hi,

I would be keen to play.I haven't played since I was in school, I was on the team and loved it.

Keep me updated.

Donna

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nicola R-189479 - 14 years ago

Mougins is perfect for me....if you don't mind having someone who hasn't played in 20 years!

Sorry no image available
Posted by s99kat - 14 years ago

Mougin OK with me and I prefer playing outside.  Look forward to hearing from you.

Kat.

Sorry no image available

Well it's taken just 10 months to get enough people interested from my original posting! My kids are at school in Mougins, and the school might be able to let us have use of their facilities. It'll be outdoors though. I'll have an ask around and see what I can come up with... if, that is, Mougins is an acceptable location for the majority.

Lisa

Sorry no image available
Posted by JPB-188466 - 14 years ago

HiI am a keen netballer, played for years in New Zealand. Having just had a baby I'm a bit tied down at present but would be happy to get involved in the near future with playing and organising. I'm living in Nice. Keep me posted. JulieJulie

Sorry no image available
Posted by s99kat - 14 years ago

Well, that seems to be enough of us for a run about anyway and I'm sure we would pick up other people along the way.  It would be really great to get something going.

Good idea re. schools but do they have courts?  Not sure that the French play netball do they?  Anyone know?  Or anyone speak good enough French to ring a school and find out, or have/know anyone with kids at school?  I will try and speak to my neighbour.

Kat.