DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

New Resident - Golf is it easy to join a club?

Posted by nickcocking - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

HiI am re-locating to Valbonne effective 01 October and would like to play some golf. I am a member of a club in the UK handicap 3.Could anyone advise if it is possible to get a 6mth/12mth membership at any of the OK courses in the area?Or any kind of ad-hoc society I could join to meet/play some golf?Thanks in advanceNickNick CockingMobile 00 44 7711 448677

Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by stevenv - 13 years ago

I would be interested in joining a Golf society although I may not be available to play many of the events as I still spend most of my time in England. Let me know if anything develops.

Sorry no image available
Posted by simonwynne - 13 years ago

There is a good club in Opio just the other side of valbonne.....if u need a caddieSimon Templer

Sorry no image available
Posted by jointed - 13 years ago

TO ANYBODY WHO IS INTERESTED IN GOLF I AM TRYING TO START UP A SOCIETY AND HAVE ABOUT 20 PEOPLE.WE HAVE HAD ONE OUTING THIS YEAR AND THE NEXT SHOULD BE IN JAN 15/16/17/ NOT QUITE SURE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED LET ME KNOW.jointed

Sorry no image available
Posted by revs - 13 years ago

Hi,

Have been here for a couple of years and have given up on the idea of joining a club having been a member of a club in the UK. The better clubs (Cannes Mougins and Royal Mougins) are beyond my budget, though you can get a better deal at the Opio Valbonne course, where I believe the waiting list is about 18 months.

I am not sure that clubs here are run along the lines of clubs in the UK. Even if you joined, my suspicion is that you may find it difficult to get to meet people to play with...but I could be wrong. Much of the golf down here is 'pay and play'.

There is an ex pat golf society that is run by someone at Blue Water Yachting in Antibes and if your French is any good, there is another society that operates out of the driving range in Biot (called Academie Auterio).

Best of luck and let me know if you have any success.

Paul

Sorry no image available
Posted by akkun - 13 years ago

Hello,

I have checked some golf course information in France, and found that in the region of provence there are many golf courses. You can get the information on - FF Golf - (Fédération Française de Golf). (After arriving the site you will find - Où Jouér ? - in the homepage, and then chose the region name, and etc.......)

I am going to live in Nice from Jan. 2005 for one year, and was wondering if I could find a  opportunity to play. I am handicap 7 in Japan.

Hope hearing some information on something about the course.

Akira Masuda

akkun

Sorry no image available
Posted by hedgerm - 13 years ago

I am just about to move to St Paul and would like to join a club. I'm not quite in your Handicap league but any information on clubls would be most welcome.Marion Hedger

Sorry no image available
Posted by Brie-191824 - 13 years ago

Hi

If you received any replies to your posting could you let me know too please. 

I was a single handicap player back in the UK, but haven't played for a while - particularly since moving to France - but I really want to get back out there again.  So any info would be great.

Thanks

Brie.