DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

New Zealand lions tour rugby tickets help!

Posted by irel-184031 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by gareth-182148 - 13 years ago

the dates of the tour :

Fixtures

2005 BRITISH & IRISH LIONS TOUR - ITINERARY

DAYDATEOPPOSITIONVENUESaturday4th June 2005Bay of PlentyRotoruaWednesday8th June 2005TaranakiNew PlymouthSaturday11th June 2005New Zealand Maori’sHamiltonWednesday15th June 2005WellingtonWellingtonSaturday18th June 2005OtagoDunedinTuesday21st June 2005SouthlandInvercargillSaturday25th June 2005First TestChristchurchTuesday28th June 2005ManawatuPalmerston NorthSaturday2nd July 2005Second TestWellingtonTuesday5th July 2005AucklandAucklandSaturday9th July 2005Third TestAuckland

Re buying tickets:

I've been on the last two lions tours and also tothe last 4 world cups,.I've found that tickets are less of a problem normally in the southern hemisphere as people there are less inclined to buy tickets above face value. However there will be 30 odd thousand british supporters going on the tour and the grounds are pretty small.

I'm going myself and I reckon that you'll be able to buy tickets for the provincial games pretty easily but for the tests you'll have have to pay upto 300 euros a ticket. You should be able to pick up test tickets for around 150 euros on ebay when you are in NZ.

One last word of caution,before you book your flights etc, try and sort out your accommodation. All the hotels for the test weekends are fully booked up at the mo.

Hope this all helps,

cheers,

Gareth

Sorry no image available
Posted by NH-189638 - 13 years ago

What are the dates of the tour?

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 13 years ago

Kind of funny asking in a Cote d'Azur forum about tickets for British/Irish Lions tour of New Zealand in 2005!  Still - you takes your chances I guess.

I've got guaranteed tickets for all 7 regional games plus the 3 test matches - I've had offers in the region of of NZ$5,000 for the lot.  Are you interested in making a better offer?

Seriously - for that sort of money you'd be better off booking a tour - I understand there are still a few places available on the fully comprehensive itineraries.