DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Night Vision Aids

Posted by godbear - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by godbear - 13 years ago

Thanks TonyP and otc.  I tried the West Marine website.  The price for the basic Gen1 waterproof from them is the same as WestBusiness are quoting for a Gen1+ waterproof  - about €255.  The main difference to me is that the Westbusiness price includes TVA and delivery(it is sourced from inside the EU), the one from the US is exclusive of TVA and delivery. 

I tried to work through to get a delivered price from West Marine but their website won't accept a France or UK postcode, even though they let you select UK and France for delivery.  As I don't know the situation with import duties and TVA on goods bought over the net from the US, the Westbusiness route looks a much easier and cheaper solution.

Thanks again for the leads.

Godbear

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 13 years ago

Have you tried West Marine?  they ship to Europe and they have some 1st Generation night scopes at about $300.

According to the comments the 1st gen scopes work best at short distances such as when looking for an anchorage.  For longer distances ordinary night binoculars with high light gathering power  (eg 7x70) seem to work better.

Tony

Sorry no image available
Posted by otc - 13 years ago

You could try a small UK based dealer called WestBusiness.  They deal with these types of things and will supply to retailers or private individuals in UK or France.  They arrange direct supply from the manufacturer with warranty and handbooks in English, French and others.  Don’t know if they do different models, but they do have one for marine use, which is waterproof and it floats.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Their email is westbusiness@aol.com

Hope this helps

Sorry no image available
Posted by otc - 13 years ago

Hi Godbear