DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Road cycle partners

Posted by gaella - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by gaella - 14 years ago

Fish,

I haven't got my own group but know of an English speaking group that's more hard core than me... and I'd be glad to ride with you. I will email you directly with my mobile, so we can talk of levels.

Sorry no image available
Posted by fish-187106 - 14 years ago

Seattle: Sorry - missed your message and have just come back to Blighty. Will be over for 3 weeks 20 Aug to 8 Sept. If interested, let me know beforehand!

Fish

Sorry no image available
Posted by Seattle-188732 - 14 years ago

Fish,Are you available this weekend (12-13th July) to cycle with my uncle?Let me know when and where!Thank you,Seattle

Sorry no image available
Posted by fish-187106 - 14 years ago

Gaella

Would be interested in riding at the weekend - am down for 1 or 2 weeks per month at Marina Baie des Anges. Often cycle around cap d'Antibes to Cannes. Have you got a group going?

Fish

Sorry no image available
Posted by Seattle-188732 - 14 years ago

My uncle is visiting next week (9-14th July)and is bringing his bike from the States. He is keen to do some cycling. Have you found a group he could cycle with? Any help would be appreciated! Staying in the Mougins area.

Sorry no image available
Posted by SuperGrasse - 15 years ago

I cycled for the first two years I was here.

A favorite (and fairly flat route) is the road between Monaco and Menton. You need at least a small hill to work the knee gently. Menton is great on Sunday morning as the cyclists pouring over the border from Italy used to outnumber the cars. I used to continue onto San Remo (on Saturdays) the drivers are normally OK but they are impatient and unfortunately it takes only one idiot (and there are plenty of candidates).

Good luck and always take a spare tube - the amount of rubbish in the gutter must be seen to be believed!

SG

Sorry no image available
Posted by gaella - 15 years ago

Thanks.  That is such good information.

Gaella

Sorry no image available
Posted by cadzow - 15 years ago

Flat cycling is possible down near Frejus. You can sweep along the coast and up and down the valley.

Not quite so flat but a good workout is to go over the N7 to Frejus and back via the coast road. In general I find that French drivers are very considerate of cyclists and it might seem scary but the N98 from Antibes to Nice is not a bad route (nor is the Antibes to Cannes road which is also flat).