DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Rugby and/or Hockey

Posted by PnC - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by tanyamoose2000 - 13 years ago

Hey flipFlop, I saw quite clearly that there were several grey-haired players there too -  they did however outrun me!  I was saying that most of the players were in between those ages from my point of view.

I really must come back. I stopped the day everyone insisted we play this game in January under torrential rain at 7pm and the whole way through I thought , "I HATE THIS , GET ME HOME NOW "! I also had a cold for about  3 weeks after...

tanyamoose

Sorry no image available
Posted by flipflop-197775 - 13 years ago

Hi I'm Dairine, member of the Cagnes team, oh those Veteran boys will be pleased to hear that the oldest is 38, some are in their 50s..  For information of those interested in joining the team, as Tanyamoose says the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly and they adore us "foreigners", especially those that they believe were born with a hockey stick in their hands. 

There is a Ladies team with varying levels and who are currenty competing in a league ...

Best to ring Brigitte, who speaks great English, on 06.64.04.75.03 and she will give you more details or come any check them out at Espace Sauviago in Cagnes sur Mer on Mondays at 19h00 (to 20h30 and Thursdays at 21h00-22h00).

Great fun guaranteed!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by tanyamoose2000 - 13 years ago

Last year I played with Cagnes team. It was good fun and I should have made the effort this year too . there was  an equal number of Ladies and Men and I'd say most were between 25 and 38 yrs. It was very friendly. I'll make the effort again in september...tanyamoose

Sorry no image available
Posted by appforrent - 13 years ago

Did anyone get any more information on the hockey clubs or join any team? I tried antibes team but found it a bit young(mostly 19-20 year old girls)and serious..,I was looking for a friendly mixed team who does not take things so seriously. Did anyone try cagnes or create any club,thanks for any info...

Sorry no image available
Posted by otc - 14 years ago

I can't believe what I am reading.  There is great hockey on the riviera with clubs in Cagnes sur Mer, Nice, Antibes, Villneueve Loubet, and Cannes.  By far the most friendly of these is Cagnes sur Mer who have active sections for males, females, juniors (various age bands) social and veterans. They host a Mixed Veterans tournament each Easter with teams from France, Italy, Germany, Holland and England (that's how we know them, we travel from Shepton Mallet, Somerset, UK each year to play).  Even if you don't join them, please come and watch - we the tournament in 2001 but didn't do as well the last 2 years. Check their site www.uscagnes.org Tell them Shepton Badgers sent you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ligero - 14 years ago

I don't play hockey myself but my housemate plays twice a week down in Antibes I think so, i'll ask him if they need more players. Regards to rugby in the summer when all the southern hemisphere yachties are here they play touch rugby 3 times a week in antibes and it's really good fun, with loads of people. I'd be up for playing now and i could probably get a few mates to join us.Ligero

Sorry no image available
Posted by hope-186232 - 14 years ago

My husband and I are keen to play hockey. We use to have a group on Saturday morning in La Turbie later moved to Valbonne but the synthetic pitch got "blown up" by huge hailstones about 6 years ago and the Maire of Valbonne didn't want to replace the surface. The under surface was real crappy plus a few couples and players "fell apart" and eventually so did the group.

We "as Saturday morning players" even went on to win a cup in a tournament one Easter time! (I've still got the cup!)

I'd be really interested to hear if you find something.

bernhope@cote-dazur.com

yvonne

Sorry no image available
Posted by jmroberts-180597 - 14 years ago

I'm quite keen on playing hockey. Let me know if you get something organised.

Thanks

J-M

Sorry no image available
Posted by OpportunitySeeker - 14 years ago

I have been looking for Hockey for a while but could find nothing.

A