DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

rugby for anyone? Play not watch!

Posted by Love not War - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Hi, some friends and myself (3 of us) are keen to start up, or join for that matter, some sort of social touch scene around Cannes or Antibes.

Firstly are there any such games that already go on, and how do we get involved, and if not then are there a half dozen people out there who would fancy meeting up an evening or two a week somewhere and throwing a ball around?

Fear is a habit. I am not afraid.

Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kurtle - 13 years ago

I am interested, will probably have 'bout another three takers for the Cannes area. Also hoping to get a bit of a beach volleyball scene going. 

Alot has been discussed about using the sports grounds (oval track) in  Antibes. These grounds were previously used, however recently the word is that some sort of registration fee needs to be paid in order to further use these grounds. Has anybody got any other info??

I am contactable on 0616414873

Thks,

Kurt

Sorry no image available
Posted by thurley - 13 years ago

There is a group of mixed French and ex-pats who play for fun. A mixture of 7 a side and 15 a side. It is run by Ben Stevens. They have a training session most Thursday evenings. His phone numbers are 0497010335 or 0675848715. They recently went to Paris to play a Brit 15 and this weekend travel to Genoa for a match and "social".

Sorry no image available
Posted by jacksong - 13 years ago

I'd also be up for a game of touch - keep me posted

Sorry no image available
Posted by jamesh19 - 13 years ago

Count me in - Antibes beaches afterwork

cheers

Sorry no image available
Posted by berg-198238 - 13 years ago

Antibes beach - after work (6.30-7)when its hot enough...no set night - just freestyle it.... rugby cricket .... sometimes poofball...