DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Rugby players needed

Posted by aussienick - Created: 10 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Brad06 - 10 years ago

Thanks Nick,

What days do you practice?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Aussie Nick-204137 - 10 years ago

Yes Brad, always looking....We have about 30 players, but only about 15 at any one time, so usually play 7 a side (tournaments too)However, if we have enough (like last Thursday...just...) then we can get a proper XV team up.Nick06 84 24 07 65

Sorry no image available
Posted by Brad06 - 10 years ago

Hey aussienick,

Just wondering if you are still looking for some players.

Sorry no image available
Posted by aussienick - 10 years ago

If you're coming from Nice (A8 or Moyenne Corniche) then drive past the Botanical gardens - bld Jardin exotique, and across the road from the Maserati shop (another 400 metres, about 1 km before the train station) is the stadium...you can see a bit of it from the road, most of it blocked by a building.Aussie Nick

Sorry no image available
Posted by shea1 - 10 years ago

Where is Stade Moneghetti please?

Sorry no image available
Posted by aussienick - 10 years ago

Hey guys,Doesn't matter if you had/have experience - we train with the Monaco national team (XV and VII) so if you really feel you're good enough, you might even get a try out with them.Training starts next Thursday, 6th Sept - for those who need a lift from Nice, I leave from the Port around 7:15 pm - otherwise see you at Stade Moneghetti Beausoleil just before 8 pm.If you're experienced (kiwifruita) then you can play alongside some other former internationals - we'll be gentle with you, as you only come from a second division provincial team in NZ - hee hee. Hope the Oz beating last month doesn't sting anymore - at least you get to keep the Bledisloe Cup (the only trophy in the world really worth winning - I mean §hit, even the Poms won the World Cup)But also, please remember...Aus has never lost a match against the All Blacks - ever - in a world cup match... according to my calculations, you're gonna have to beat us in the semis to get to the finals - and we know how you go in the semis against *ahem* the French for example!Aussie Nick

Sorry no image available
Posted by kiwifruita-226950 - 10 years ago

Hello Nick!I like your ad!!!I'm sorry I can't help you by playing rugby,it would not be fair. I'm a big man and I'm still not old enough to be qualified.he,he. but I have a lot of knowledge with this game. I played for many years in New Zealand, If you are looking for any coaches or just someone that wants to share his knowledge about the game,then I think I could help. I like people, to be social & rugby. This is why i've replyed to you.I have played Rugby For South Canterbury, Nelson Bays & Buller,from age group compition up to men's senior level. these three teams are provical or regions in New Zealands second division compition. I have played rugby for over 12 years.Anyway Nick have a think about it.My Email address is: kiwifruita@hotmail.com or Ph: 06 15 19 32 57.Ok all the best for this up and comming season.Bye for now!P.s Hey Nick "Go the all black" I hope they win the gold over the next two months, ha,ha. best of luck!

Sorry no image available
Posted by cam63 - 10 years ago

Gidday Nick,Great to see your maessage ref: a social rugby team, I would be keen however im out of the country at the moment but will be back on Aug 22nd, it would be great to meet up with some fellow rugby folk, can you give me further details, timings etc.CheersKiwi CamHello, I am a New Zealander living in Nice currently looking for I am experienced in close protection however, anything considered.