DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Sailing Lessons

Posted by dustymiller-187843 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Does anybody know where my daughter of 8 years could get sailing lessons during the Easter holidays. We live in the Antibes area.She is a complete beginner.

In addition I am looking for sailing lessons for adult beginners in English.

Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by cdowling-234845 - 9 years ago

thanks for the info, i went there last year and didnt seem to be much happening. will try again.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tkw - 14 years ago

If you live in Antibes why not go to the sailing club in Antibes:

http://www.club-nautique-antibes.com/

their dingy sailing is based out of Plage de Salis just a short walk south of the old town...according to their website they have two bases a little distance apart their, one for winter (further south) and one for summer who knows what Easter qualifies as...

Sorry no image available
Posted by steveB-186247 - 14 years ago

Just a quick general note from an Emglishman on the riviera.There are lots of sailing clubs which teach sailing and lots of associations which teach French. In my experience, practically all the clubs that do sailing lessons will be able to communicate with you in English, but they will teach you the french words for the sailing items, which are very easy to learn, and very confusing if you learn and use in English when you meet other people who should know the french words for Starboard, Mast, go away, etc. I hope this helps your search, and I wish you happy and prudent sailing on the Riviera.sjbcontact:(office)mc97977183

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 14 years ago

The Optimist place in Mandelieu is run by Cannes Jeunesse

http://www.cannes-on-line.com/Francais/ecolemerfr.html

They also have a school for 8 year olds at Mourre-Rouge, near Palm Beach on the Antibes side of Cannes, it is also easier to park at Mourre-Rouge in the season

They have courses for adults, but all the courses are in French

Tony

Sorry no image available
Posted by gollum-193507 - 14 years ago

In Mandelieu there is a municipal sailing club where your daughter could learn on Optimists, and you could learn on slightly bigger dinghies such as Finns, Lasers, Hobiecats. It is on the seafront (surprise!) just opposite the Alcatel factory.wiggly waw fish