DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Sailing lessons

Posted by Kylie-183302 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0

Does anyone know of any english speaking sailing clubs, preferably between Monaco and Cannes? I would like sailing lessons, but don't have my own boat....yet!   Thanks

Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by fintanhughes - 6 years ago

Hi, i know i'm years later coming to this, but do you know if that school is still running?I am an Irish sailing instructor, looking for english speaking sailing clubs in MoncoThanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by Storm-189727 - 14 years ago

Hi kylie,

I have a friend who has a school in Monaco... call Kathrine on 06100 23 874 and just say that Warren gave you her number... not sure if she can help but she may have some more info.

Or if you are at an acceptable stage where we wont kill ourselves, then we could team up and grab a Hobbie from Menton and go out and practice.

Cheers,

Warren

Sorry no image available
Posted by Storm-189727 - 14 years ago

Hi kylie,

I have a friend who has a school in Monaco... call Kathrine on 06100 23 874 and just say that Warren gave you her number... not sure if she can help but she may have some more info.

Or if you are at an acceptable stage where we wont kill ourselves, then we could team up and grab a Hobbie from Menton and go out and practice.

Cheers,

Warren

Sorry no image available
Posted by TrishT-184446 - 15 years ago

English speaking club in Beaulieu

www.oceanpro.co.uk/courses-fr.htm

TrishT

Sorry no image available
Posted by steveB-186247 - 15 years ago

Hi,I have to admit that I do not know of any english speaking sailing clubs, although they may exist. ( I don't know of any french speaking cailing clubs in Sussex either!)However I do know that a number of english people are members of the club or join in the classes at the Beualieu sailing club, and in fact most sailing clubs on the Riviera have english members.It is not difficult to learn a few words like "diriveur" and "mat" in french and most moniteurs will explain in english at first.If you go to Beaulieu, the club is on the right of the Marina, behind the Mairie car park, and if you ask for Bruno, you are sure of a decent welcome.Stevesjbcontact:(office)mc97977183