DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Skiing accomodation Feb 2005

Posted by Shrek 2-196274 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

1 reply

Sorry no image available
Posted by benwright - 13 years ago

Hi,

I run a catered chalet in Le Seignus (next door to La Foux) but wouldn't be able to cope with 19 people!  8's our maximum.

There are a few hotels in Seignus and La Foux that do deals for accomodation and lift passes but if the weekend you're looking for is part of the French school holidays you might struggle to find somewhere that'll do a weekend break.  There should be some info. on the tourist office website (

www.valdallos.com) or e-mail the TO, they're usually helpful.  The best hotel in Seignus is Chez Franz (although I've not seen the rooms, the bar/dining area is the best of the hotels in Seignus).  All (both!) the hotels in Seignus are right by the piste.  There is another hotel, which had been derelict, a bit out of the village which was being renovated when I left in June but I'm not sure if it's going to be a hotel.  I've stayed at the Sestriere in La Foux and wouldn't recommend it.

There are a few estate agents in the area that rep. properties - the largest I've seen advertised is a chalet for 8/9.  Again, the TO should be able to point you in the right direction. 

The skiing at Seignus/La Foux should be good at that time of year but if it's the school holidays they will get busy.  The skiing at both is suitable for all ability levels.  If you need lessons, the ski school does get booked up during holidays so arrange these in advance.  I've not skied Auron, it was closed for lack of snow when I went past in mid-March 2003.

If it is the school holidays, La Foux will be lively - with the occasional display of rowdiness - Seignus will be busier than usual but is more a family resort.

Ben