DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Sprinting Track 100m/200m

Posted by tennismc - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by tennismc - 6 years ago

i checked out the stade at carei... sadly the entrance was locked and there was nobody there... saturday 1.30pm...

Sorry no image available

thanks kenish! i'll try out the saint roman stade at carei.. i looked it up on google maps...

Sorry no image available
Posted by CHERIE-207793 - 6 years ago

Not sure what time the Charels Ehrman stadium is open until but when it is open anyone can use the track - as long as there are no official events on. I often go with a friend between 6 and 7 weekday evenings, I would think Menton is the same.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kentish maid-243236 - 6 years ago

Hi
Most stadt's have a tartan track, usually at least 2 lanes, most normal 4 or 6, araound the edge.
They are there because during term time the schools use them for some of their PE lessons.
There are 4 lanes at Careii in Menton (near Intermarche), not sure about the stadt in Garavan, also 2 lanes at Sospel (!).
Most seem to be used by locals during the evenings, I've seen many athletes doing reps at Careii during the evening.
So my advice would be to find your nearest stadt and go along for a bit of exploration, you can only get chased off, but I doubt it.
Good luck

Sorry no image available

can anyone just show up and use the inside track?or do you have to belong to some organisation etc?

Sorry no image available
Posted by CHERIE-207793 - 6 years ago

The Charles Ehrman stadium (just behind Palais Nikaia) in Nice seems to be freely accessible - at least up until 19h30-20h00, I've often been running there with a friend in the evenings - there is a small track just outside the stadium as well as the one actually inside.