DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Sunday in Italy

Posted by chontelle_logan - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cherchez - 6 years ago

LOL, I have had the opposite reaction from friends about San Remo so we will have to agree to disagree. But it appears that most people are of one mind about Ventimiglia.

Anyway, glad it answered your question about opening (or not opening) times.

Sorry no image available
Posted by chontelle_logan - 6 years ago

thanks for the info though; not sunday and not monday it seems!

Sorry no image available

yes i agree that the Ventigmilia is lacking in appealable reasons to visit, but I cant agree with that about San Remo. Some areas are very attractive and there is not a person who I have taken there who has not been impressed by La Pigna. I don't believe it is even necessary to compare it to areas in nearby France, afterall there are not many places nearby that you can compare to the Riviera!

Sorry no image available

Should have mentioned, that while some shops are closed in the mornings and open in the afternoon, there are a lot of shops that remain closed.

Sorry no image available

First of all, everything is closed on Sundays and closed on Monday mornings. Things are also closed for an unbelievable three and three and a half hours during lunch.

I must agree with Anna, the only decent thing about Ventimiglia is the fruit market, why anybody should want to visit these rather down at heel towns is also a mystery to me.

Sorry no image available
Posted by AnnaC-195945 - 6 years ago

The street market in Ventimiglia is only on Friday mornings for fruit & veg. and continues into the afternoon for everything else. I can't for the life of me understand why anybody would want to go to these two places, is there something I'm missing? I live in Italy and often have occasion to go to Liguria but have always said that its amazing the difference between the Italian coastal towns and the French ones - much prefer the French ones.

Sorry no image available
Posted by smith007-318005 - 6 years ago

is everything not shut on monday's, as well as sunday's?

Sorry no image available

thanks, that is one of the best things in ventigmila too, so maybe better doing later on next week!

Sorry no image available
Posted by nissalabella - 6 years ago

I know that the fruits and vegetables market in Ventimille is closed on Sundays, and so are probably the majority of shops, perhaps except in the morning.

N.