DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Sunday road bike ride / climb, Gréolières les Neiges

Posted by A Breath of Fresh Air - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sevendaver-252003 - 4 years ago

I would go to a local bike shop and ask about clubs in the area.  Often a shop has an affiliation with a club for all of the usual marketing reasons.  However all of the clubs are recognized by the local shop and the advantage is normally a 10 % discount of gear.

Vence has a club.  They organize the Venciose (spelling) ride.  St Raphael has the OCR club.  To be frank if you are not sure of your level it is probably average at best for now however you have a good attitude and the will so improvement should be fast as long as you are careful.

Do not worry about the language or the fact that you may be in the minority as a female.  There is nothing to worry about, the fact is this.  You will not understand a word they say and you may be the only female but they will respect you for trying.  Buy a Garmin 500 or 800 or the newest model of either.  You will soon understand the value of data accumulation.

If you want to talk about it or ride together I am in Roquebrune Sur Argens.  Our group rides on Sunday and Wednesday at 08:00 or you could call me.

Sorry no image available
Posted by A Breath of Fresh Air - 4 years ago

Greolieres is beautiful indeed, a very varied lanscape within several valleys.

I'm not sure how to hook up with a club: trying to define my cycling level with a bunch of guys in French is a bit scary!  I don't want to get left behind or slow them all down.  How does club cycling work?  How do you find out what level they ride at?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sevendaver-252003 - 4 years ago

Hey, Greolieres is visible from the route of the Vence race in June.  It is very beautiful from the little that I saw.   Where are you located?  It may make more sense initially for you to hook up with a local club.  This is how I got started when I moved from Canada 3 years ago now I have no problems with routes and if I decide to ride alone, as old Tri Athletes tend to do, I know my way around.  The local guys know routes that would take you years to discover.