DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Viewing Rugby World Cup pool matches on the CDA

Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Who knows what the TV viewing possibilities are for Rugby World Cup pool matches from either terrestrial or satellite or cable TV on the Riviera?

I guess there won't be a huge viewing audience for the thrills of clashes such as Romania vs. Namibia in Pool A :)  but as luck would have it there is an Italy vs. New Zealand encounter in pool D on Saturday 11th.  My calculations make it 6:30 a.m. our time on Saturday morning.

Does anyone know what the TV coverage of the RWC 2003 is like down here?  (I never watch TV and dobn't have a clue what stations/services are available).  Or perhaps someone knows a sympa sports bar over the border in Italy where we could go and goad the Italians over breakfast?

Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 14 years ago

I'm watching the France V England match on Sunday in Le Newport ( as usual) in Nice. It's on A2 or FR3 at 1230 .stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by cleo-185556 - 14 years ago

Hi, I remember that during the last World Cup the games were shown on screens in the departure lounge in Terminal 1 ....

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 14 years ago

HELP!!!

Urgent family travel takes me away to Germany this weekend just when the Semi-Finals are showing.

1st Problem (Saturday)
NZ vs Australia is showing on French A2 at 10:00 Saturday so the game should be over by 11:40.  As my flight departs at 12:30, all I need to do is check in early at the airport and then settle in to a bar with a TV.  Anyone know of such a bar in Terminal 1?  Terminal 2 would also be OK but I'd prefer Terminal 1.  I don't fly frequently so any info about exactly where such bars are located would be an immense help.  I tried calling the Aeroport de Nice general inquiries number - no reply so far.

2nd Problem ( sunday)
Rugby is not known in Germany.  I'll be in a big city so I can go to any big hotel chain that has satellite/cable.  As far as I know France/England semi-final is on French A2 or UK ITV1.  So I'm looking for a hotel chain that has either of these - any ideas?  (long shot I know)

Thanks!

Sorry no image available

Yes !

stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by fugly-185614 - 14 years ago

The bars around London are open and serving alcohol at 07:30hrs for the games this weekend.  Is it the same down there?

Sorry no image available

and this time I've even remembered to note the link:

http://mondialrugby.francetv.fr/rugby_ftv.php3

Sorry no image available

Hi All,

Here's a link to when all of the matches are being played. If they're shown on French TV it tells you which channel.

Claire

Sorry no image available
Posted by Baker-184525 - 14 years ago

The Australian Bar in Villefranche is showing the games in English. There is a great atmosphere. You can watch the match inside or outside.

There are just behind the Hotel Welcome.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ricky Geraghty - 14 years ago

Hi, I'm another Rugby fanatic, Waynes Bar (beside the Palais Justice) in Nice will have most of the matches on, just ask the lads behind the bar and they will put in on for you if its not already on.

Ricky

Sorry no image available

I'm actually watching Wales V. Canada on FR3 at the moment , and all the matches played so far have been shown on French TV ( France V. Fiji was shown at 0230 this morning )

FR3 , A2 and canal + are showing all the matches - you need a good TV guide or Equipe magazine ( and some time off work ! )

stgeorge