DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Where to ski this week near Nice?

Posted by artfusion - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

My wife and I with our one year old daughter are going to be in Nice this coming week and wanted to also go do some skiing, Where's the snow near Nice and any recommendations on ski areas that are child friendly, or might have babysitting facilities. Thanks

MG
ArtFusion
http://www.artfusion.com

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 14 years ago

You will find no facilities in Isola 2000 to care for a one year old (I know this for a fact as I tried for a friend visiting a few weeks ago).

Auron does have facilities for babies BUT..... be prepared for the paperwork.  You will need the baby's carnet de santé showing relevant vaccinations AND a doctor's certificate of current health.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Taniwha - 14 years ago

There are three reasonably sized resorts about 1h30mins from Nice. Auron, Stalingrad (aka Isola 2000), and Limone di Piemonte just over the border in Italy.

I like Auron the best. Don't get your hopes up too high - it is not the Austrian Alps, nor even is it particularly great by the standards of other French resorts. It is fine for a couple of days though, and there is fresh snow there. Unfortunately it is school-half term as well - otherwise I would be up there, I have seen baby-schools at the bottom of the slopes, but it is not really my expert field.

Don't go to Isola 2000 unless you enjoy admiring Marxist-Leninist architecture, and reflecting on the scars of municipal corruption in 1970s France, as you ski down the slopes.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pink-192555 - 14 years ago

Hi

Best place by far is Auron, which is about 1hour 30 by car, and is very well signed to find. Just take the route from Nice to Digne. They just had a big dump last weekend and should be the place to be. Its also very natural and synthetically pleasing.

Enjoy