DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Winter Cycling??

Posted by MrEd - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Julian Troubridge - 14 years ago

Hi,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Go to the nearest cycle shop and ask for details. About 500 club cyclists are out every Sunday and if they’re in the UFOLEP federation they all converge on a pre selected place – the Pointage – to get refreshments etc. I ride with the Beaulieu club each Sunday / Wednesday at 08:00 but it's a bit far from you - we meet at Villefranche near Nice. Rides are generally 80 - 100 km in winter. If you ever want to get up at 06:45 and drive from Valbonne to Villefranche for the 08:00 start you'd be more than welcome to ride with us. Let me know. If you want to go out on your own I highly recommend you to buy the “Michelin 115 French Riviera Alpes Maritimes” map – perfect scale for planning rides. Reason why people stick to Bord de Mer is because it’s too cold for the frenchies inland. If you can dress up warm I highly recommend rides around the Col de Vence region – quiet and great countryside. If you come back later in the year we do most of the amateur races locally – get in touch if you want more details.

Ride hard …

Sorry no image available
Posted by BiotBoy-191709 - 14 years ago

Just go on the 'bird du mer'  Cannes to Monaco, any sunday. hundredrs of cyclists, all ages  ,   all  levels & abilities.   Good  fun