Our comprehensive guides provide essential information and advice to help you throughout your life as an expat.

0 0

Importing Motorbikes and Scooters

The procedure is virtually the same as for cars and other light vehicles except that a test will be required on noise emissions. Present the following documents to the IMTT and Customs and Vehicle Registry as described above.

  • Fill out Form Model 9 and give it to the official representative of the vehicle producer in Portugal for certification (Homologacão)
    • To download Form Model 9: Click here (in Portuguese)
  • Take the motorbike or scooter to an IMTT approved test centre (IPO) for a roadworthiness test including noise inspection